I recieved my windows 7 upgrade dvd (Free) in the mail Thursday. I was very excited as I was running vista and didn't much like it. I spent the next 72 hours trying to do everything I could think of to get the upgrade to work.
-first it failed
-then it took 35 hours to get 85% done, before locking up.
-then the DVD drive quit working
-then I got the dvd drived re installed and delete a bunch of programs hoping to get a successful re attempt of the upgrade.
-then the up grade worked. It took only about 45 min and it was all done, until I ran the updates
-then it installed 8 upgrades then uung on the last 2.
-then the system (now running in windows 7)would crash after about 3 min.
-then I cussed a lot, and tried to figure it out
-then I threw up my hands in discussed and did a clean install.
-which worked perfectly the first time.
-and now runs great, but I have to reinstall everything.
So I'm now pleased to report I have windows 7 and it is great. But I don't recommend the upgrade.
1 comment:
should have called my geek... he did it no problem... gotta network that way dude!!! I got the IT guy, you do my taxes not for free of course but you see what I'm saying... no stress for anyone:)
Post a Comment