It has got to be the only things I really wanted for Christmas. Erin dropped them on me early so I could have one a day and be done by tax season. Given my last couple of batches went so poorly, having some really good beer is a complete joy. The first one I tried was Goose Islands - Honkers Ale. I opened the bottle and spent 3 min just smelling it. It smelled like home brewing. The Styrian Golding hops, which I have used several times is just awesome. It smells fresh and light and delicious. That with a little of the yeasty smell and some of the steaming grain smell. I didn't even have to drink it to be happy.
But I did, and is was great. A simple, very well balanced, very flavorful, absolutely awesome ale. I'll keep my eyes on the look out for other beers by these guys. Get one if you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment